Monday 27 February 2017

Smile Tru aligners by Martina Collins


I'm over three weeks into my Smile Tru invisible braces treatment now and I've intentionally put off writing about the experience so far until I got fully used to the aligners. The first few days after having the aligners fitted were definitely uncomfortable, but in a satisfying way if that makes sense? I knew I could feel them getting to work so I didn't mind. The majority of us have had train tracks at one point, think of the feeling after having the braces tightened- that's it exactly. Except no metal ripping the insides of your mouth and the aligners are extremely discreet, I've repeatedly had to point out that I was wearing them as no one noticed- I've been wearing them every day to shoots and they've been completely unnoticeable in the pictures. 

Now three weeks in and I'm so pleased with them, the discomfort disappeared completely after two days as my mouth adjusted to the shape of the aligners and they're so easy to work with, the recommended time to wear the aligners for is minimum 22hours a day, meaning you really only take them out to eat and clean your teeth. If you're a serial snacker like me, I'd recommend Smile Tru to you ten times over, as you cant be bothered to take the aligners in and out often so for me, snacking a lot stopped from the day I had them fitted, (This is a miracle, I'm usually the Cookie Monster).

After you have your first consultation you'll come back and have the aligners fitted- this was completely pain free and took no more than 10 minutes.
No one really likes the dentist do they? However, a trip to Martina Collins dental feels more like going to the beauticians (I hear her cosmetic work is also amazing) - Martina herself is lovely and is as far away from a scary dentist as can be, but more importantly she's an expert at her job. She was works quickly but still manages to keep a conversation going even when my mouth was filled with pink clay, and all I could master back was a drooling nod, I felt completely at ease in her chair.

The length of the treatment obviously differs from patient to patient, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out my treatment is only going to take 3 & a half months! I'm almost through my first set of aligners now, I have been wearing these for almost a month then on my next appointment I'll change to two week aligners.

Living in London, it was important for me that I had a dentist who was flexible and Martina has been amazing with catering appointments to suit my schedule, for me getting to Belfast every two weeks is difficult so I'm able to pick up a few sets at a time and keep in touch with Martina through email if I need anything, personal touches make the experience easier and more enjoyable. The practice also stays open to 8pm on most weekdays so there's no stress for you 9-5ers.

My next appointment is 2 in days so I'll post a pic to show you the progress and if you have any questions you'd like me to ask about, feel free to message me and I can feed back the info from Martina in my next post. I'll post progress pics at each appointment so you can see the results for yourself. In the meantime you can find out all you need to know about Martina Collins Dental & Skin Clinic and the treatment itself here.

Beauty fads come and go but your teeth are with you forever so I couldn't recommend the treatment more and I'm so excited to see the results!

X


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. My dentist talked to me about the differences in traditional braces and getting the aligners, and I could not be happier with the clear braces. Not only are they painless, but there are times that when I am wearing them at work that people don't even realize I have them on. If you have to make the choice, the clear ones are the way to go. Hope it works out for you as well!

    ReplyDelete

© J o C o. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig