Tuesday 19 January 2016

My skin care regime




Hi lovelies, first of all  LOL at my no make-up mug shot, I look so unhappy but I have the chubbiest hamster cheeks when I smile in close up pics. After my last post I asked if there was anything you would like to see me post about and I got a lot of messages asking about my skin care regime, so here it is! If you click on the images I've linked them to where you can buy the products.

I got lucky with my skin type as I'm not proned to break outs and rarely get spots. However, I often wear fake tan on my face so tend to end up with black heads on my chin and nose as a result. I've tried a lot of different products and techniques targeted at blackhead removal, including squeezing my face ALL day long. I'm a severe squeezer, I'm that friend that asks can I squeeze your face when I'm bored. I can't help it, there's something so satisfying about squeezing blackheads haa.

Any ways, after trying a lot of different products I found that exfoliating using Bio Oil mixed with sugar works best, I do this at least once a week and my skin feels like a baby's after. There's various ways you can apply the mixture, if you have sensitive skin maybe start by using your fingers to massage it into your skin so you can control the pressure of the exfoliation and avoid irritating the skin. Personally I find I get the best results when I use my my No.7 cleansing brush, after one use my black heads are gone.





My skin type is quite dry so I moisturise a lot, I'm currently using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising lotion during the day, it dries quickly but leaves a nice glow on my face after which I think is why I love it so much, it's also available in an oil free gel form for any of you who suffer from oily skin.

To be honest I've only recently started using a night cream because I seen Boots Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream on offer for only £3.33, I'd heard it was good so I thought I'd give it a go. It's designed for normal to dry skin, it has a nice cooling effect after removing my makeup at night time and again leaves my skin with a lovely glow when I wake in the morning, and for that price what more can you ask for!



Finally, when it comes to removing makeup I'm seriously lazy & fall asleep with it on more often than I should BUT this is why I swear by Garnier Micellar Cleansing water, it's a makeup remover and cleanser in one meaning it literally takes 2 minutes to remove my makeup at night (or in the morning)..





One more little tip, for the past few weeks I've stopped wearing mascara as often and started applying coconut oil to my lashes instead. It has strengthened them so much, when I'm going out I still wear my usual makeup but I just curl my lashes instead of applying mascara. And that's basically it, any more suggestions then please leave a comment below X 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey, where can i buy the coconut oil for lashes? Also what do you do with your eyebrows they are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, useful post! I adore the same micellar water. :)
    You look fantastic without make-up.

    ReplyDelete

© J o C o. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig